Your Child Deserves the Benefits of a Lifelong Healthy Smile
The many benefits of bringing your child in to see an orthodontist include prevention and detection of any issues. At Bryant Orthodontics, we urge parents to bring their child in for an evaluation at the age of 11, once all adult teeth have erupted. When your child visits us for children's orthodontics in Windsor Mill, Baltimore, and Catonsville, MD, you begin the process of giving him or her the advantages of a lifelong healthy smile.
Signs That Your Child Needs an Orthodontic Assessment
Treatment at this age may not even be necessary. However, it is especially important to schedule a screening with Dr. Bryant if you notice any of the following conditions in your child:
- Crowded or misplaced teeth
- Difficulty in chewing or biting food
- Early loss of baby teeth
- Mouth breathing
- Finger or thumb sucking
- Jaws that “pop” when opening and closing
- Misaligned teeth that close abnormally or without touching
- Jaws and teeth that are not in proportion to the rest of the face
What Is the Benefit of Early Treatment?
While parents don’t need to rush into obtaining braces for their children, some oral health issues can be avoided with early screening and treatment, including:
- Open bites – when the upper and lower teeth are unable to physically touch each other when the jaws are closed
- Crossbites – when the two rows of teeth don’t meet correctly. A misaligned bite can cause tooth decay, gum disease, stress on the jaw muscles, headaches, and more.
- Speech impediments
- Injury to protruding teeth
When your child comes in for their complimentary appointment, our team will perform a thorough evaluation of their smile and bite. This will allow our experts to determine which type of treatment will be best suited to their needs. We will also take the time to educate you and your child on what to expect from treatment, plus answer any questions you may have prior to beginning treatment.
Schedule an Appointment for Children's Orthodontics in Windsor Mill, Baltimore & Catonsville, MD
To experience our 5-star-rated orthodontic care, schedule your Free New Patient Consultation today by calling (443) 917-2128 to reach our office. You may also use our convenient online appointment request form. Your appointment includes the following:
- Discuss Your Goals
- Digital X-Rays
- Complete Examination
- Discover Your Options
- Get Started
During your appointment, we will take the time to answer all your questions about our advanced treatments and technology, our flexible payment options, and anything else you may want to know about us!